August 19 – August 20
NETCO’s annual training conference attracts electrical industry training professionals from across Canada to network and share best practices that promote excellence and innovation in apprenticeship and continuing electrical training. Delegates are committed to developing a certified, highly skilled and mobile workforce that meets the needs of the electrical construction industry. The conference has earned a reputation as a “must-attend” national forum for training directors, instructors and electrical contractor and IBEW local union trustees of joint apprenticeship and training committees.
The 2017 plenary sessions feature topical themes such as Aboriginal training partnerships, emerging labour markets, electric vehicles, learning technologies and technological change as well as thought-provoking roundtable discussions. The conversations will continue informally at a reception and dinner in historic Old Montreal.
Saturday, August 19th – Sunday, August 20th
Daily 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Aboriginal Training Partnerships
- Kelly Power, Training Director, IBEW College & Paul Rich, Resource Agreement Coordinator-Innu Nation ⸡ Newfoundland & Labrador
- Endre (Andy) Cleven, RSE, Training Director, Electrical Joint Training Committee & Helen Boyce, Director, ACCESS Trades ⸡ British Columbia
Canadian Electrical Code
- Robert Nelson, RSE Senior Electrical Consultant-Learning Services, CSA Group ⸡ Sneak Preview of the 2018 Canadian Electrical Code
- Bob Collins, Economist, BuildForce Canada ⸡ Global Tends: Emerging Construction Labour Markets
- Todd Stafford, Executive Director, The electrical training ALLIANCE™ ⸡ Energy Storage and Microgrid Training and Certification
- Bill Daniels, NETCO President & IBEW Canada International Vice President ⸡ Leveraging the Power of Partnerships
- Daniel Blair, CEO/Founder, Bit Space Development & Chris Taran, RSE, Education & Training Coordinator, The IBEW Code of Excellence Training Centre Local 2085 ⸡ Identification and Analysis of Safety Hazards on the Virtual Construction Worksite
NETCO 2018 Training Conference
- Dr. James L. Boyd, Assistant Executive Director, The electrical training ALLIANCE™ ⸡ National Training Institute: Training the Best to Teach the Best
Partnerships in Promoting Electric Vehicles
- Cara Clairman, CEO & President, Plug’n Drive ⸡ Promoting Electric Vehicles in Canada and a New Partnership with NETCO
Red Seal Program
- Marjorie Davison,Chair, Canadian Council of Directors of Apprenticeship (CCDA) ⸡ Strategic Initiatives of the CCDA; Atlantic Apprenticeship Harmonization
- Dr. James L. Boyd, Assistant Executive Director, The electrical training ALLIANCE ⸡ Changes in USA Markets
- Dr. Robert Hickey, Associate Professor of Industrial Relations, Queen’s University ⸡ Implications of Labour Market Trends in the ICI-Construction Sector and Changes in Technology on Workplace Organization, Processes and Skills
- Peter Olders, RSE, Training Coordinator, Ontario Electrical Industry Training Centre (Jointly Sponsored by ECAO & IBEW-CCO) ⸡ Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Gregory C.P. Matte, Executive Director, Helmets to Hardhats ⸡ Transitioning Veterans to Careers in the Electrical Industry